Saturday, June 18, 2011

Macro off the glass


The little things peak my interest more often than not.  Walking past my front door, I noticed the mosquito hawk resting (probably trying to get out of the hot sun).  One of my Panasonic cameras almost always has a macro lens attached so I grabbed it off the shelf and proceeded to make a dozen shots.  The macro lens is a Leica 45 mm (90 equivalent on this particular camera) and is extremely sharp.  That was great as far as photographing the insect was concerned, but the sharp little lens picked up every speck of dust, inside and out, on the glass door.  So, while I like the shot and the composition, I spent a lot of time in Photoshop cleaning the  little specks off the window.  I cropped it to a 16 X 9 ratio which is a favorite of mine (mentioned before in this blog) and it suited the subject as everything above and below the crop was quite out of focus.  It also save me a lot of window cleaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment